- Ph.D. Iowa State University, 2006, Economics
- M.S. Iowa State University, 2006, Statistics
- M.S. Tianjin University, China, 2002, Quantitative Economics & Management
- B.ENG. Tianjin University, China, 2000, International Project Management
- B.A. Tianjin University, China, 2000, English
Marketing; Trade; Behavioral Economics; Experimental Economics
Horticultural Marketing: Developing and applying experimental and behavioral economic methods to explore the market potential for horticultural products.
Global Horticultural Trade: Developing theoretical models to quantify the impact of trade regulations and standards on horticultural trade and social welfare.
- Zhao, L., H. Gu, C. Yue, and D. Ahlstrom. 2013. “Consumer Welfare and GM Food Labeling: A Simulation Using an Adjusted Kumaraswamy Distribution.” Food Policy 42: 58-70.Hurley, T., C. Yue and N. Andersen. 2013. “Polarized Preferences in Home Grown Value Auctions.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Liu, L. and C. Yue. 2013. “Investigating the Impacts of Time Delays on Trade Using a CES Model.” Food Policy 39:108–114.
- Liu, L. and C. Yue. 2013. “Investigating the Impact of MRL Standards’ Similarity on Trade” in Frontiers of Economics and Globalization. Vol. 12; Edited by J. C. Beghin; ISBN: 978-1-78190-754-2. pp. 151-162.
- Yue, C. S. Marrette, and J. Begihn. 2013. “How to Promote Quality Perception: Brand Advertising or Geographic Indication?” in Frontiers of Economics and Globalization. Vol. 12; Edited by J. C. Beghin. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. ISBN: 978-1-78190-754-2. pp. 73-97.
- Yue, C., R. K. Gallardo, J. Luby, A. Rihn, J. R. McFerson, V. McCracken, D. Bedford, S. Brown, K. Evans, C. Weebadde, A. Sebolt, and A. F. Iezzoni. 2013. “An Investigation of U.S. Apple Producers’ Trait Prioritization—Evidence from Audience Surveys.” HortScience 48:1378-1384.
- Khachatryan, H., B. Compbell, C. Hall, B. K. Behe, C. Yue, J. Dennis, and C. Yue. 2013. “The Effects of Individual Environmental Concerns on Willingness to Pay for Sustainable Plant Attributes.” HortScience (In press).
- Behe, B.K., B. Campbell, C. Hall, H. Khachatryan, J. Dennis, and C. Yue. 2013. “Consumer Preferences for Local and Sustainable Plant Production Characteristics.” HortScience 48:200-208.
- Yue, C., K. Hugie and E. Watkins. 2012. “Are Consumers Willing to Pay More for Low-input Turfgrasses on Residential Lawns? Evidence from Choice Experiments with Real Products.” Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 44: 549–560.
- Liu, L. and C. Yue. 2012. “Investigating the Impact of SPS Standards on Trade Using a VES Model.” European Review of Agricultural Economics. 39(3): 511-528.
- Ribera, L. A., C. Yue, and R. B. Holcomb. 2012. “Geographic Impacts on U.S. Agriculture of the 2010 Dietary Nutrition Guidelines.” Choices 27: 1-8.
- Yue, C., R. K. Gallardo, V. A. McCracken, J. Luby, J. R. McFerson, L. Liu and A. Iezzoni. 2012. “Technical and Socioeconomic Challenges to Setting and Implementing Priorities in North American Rosaceous Fruit Breeding Programs.” HortScience 47:1320-1327.
- Hugie, K., C. Yue, and E. Watkins. 2012. “Consumer Preferences for Low-input Turfgrasses: A Conjoint Analysis.” HortScience 47:1096-1101.
- Gallardo, R. K., D. Nguyen, V. McCracken, C. Yue, J. Luby, and J. R. McFerson. 2012. “An Investigation of Trait Prioritization in Rosaceous Fruit Breeding Programs.” HortScience 47:771-776.
- Behe, B. K., K. L. Getter, and C. Yue. 2012. “Should You Blame the Weather? The Influence of Weather Parameters, Month, and Day of the Week on Spring Herbaceous Plant Sales in the U.S. Midwest.” HortScience 47:71-73.
- Yue, C., T. Hurley and N. Anderson. 2012. “Heterogeneous Consumer Preferences for Native and Invasive Plants: Evidence from Experimental Auctions.” HortScience 47:1091-1095.
- Yue, C., T. Hurley and N. Anderson. 2011. “Do Native and Invasive Labels Affect Consumer Willingness to Pay for Plants? Evidence from Experimental Auctions.” Agricultural Economics 42(2):195-205.
- Guo, X., C. Yue, and C. Hall. 2011. “Investigating Factors Affecting the U.S. National Nursery Trade: the Implications of a Gravity Model.” HortScience 47:1091-1095.
- Rihn, A., C. Yue, B. Behe and C. Hall. 2011. “Generations X and Y Attitudes towards Fresh Flowers as Gifts: Implications for the Floral Industry.” HortScience 46: 736-743.
- Yue, C., J. Dennis, Behe B., C. Hall, B. Campbell, R. Lopez. 2011. “Investigating Consumer Preference for Organic, Local or Sustainable Plants.” HortScience 46: 610-615.
- Yue, C. and C. Tong. 2011. “Consumer Preferences and Willingness to Pay for Existing and New apple Cultivars: Evidence from Apple Tasting Choice Experiments” HortTechnology: 21: 376-383.
- Alfnes F., C. Yue, and H. H. Jensen. 2010. “Cognitive Dissonance as a Means of Reducing Hypothetical Bias.” European Review of Agricultural Economics 37(2): 147-163.
- Yue, C., C. Hall, B. Behe, B. Campbell, J. Dennis, R. Lopez. 2010. “Are Consumers Willing to Pay More for Biodegradable Containers Than for Plastic Ones? Evidence from Hypothetical Conjoint Analysis and Non-hypothetical Experimental Auctions.” Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 42(4): 757-772.
- Zhou, J. and C. Yue. 2010. “Investigating Chinese Vegetable Processing Firms' Economic Incentives to Enhance Quality and Safety Controls.” Journal of Food Distribution Research 41(3):63-74.
- Behe, B., B. Campbell, J. Dennis, C. Hall, R. Lopez and C. Yue. 2010. “Gardening Consumer Segments Vary in Eco-practices.” HortScience 45(10):1475–1479.
- Yue, C., C. Hall, B. Behe, B. Campbell, J. Dennis, and R. Lopez. 2010. “Investigating Consumer Preference for Biodegradable Containers.” Journal of Environmental Horticulture 28(4): 239-243.
- Yue, C., C. Hall, B. Behe, B. Campbell, J. Dennis, R. Lopez. 2010. “Comparing Willingness to Pay Estimation Models for Conjoint Analysis: A Case Study of Willingness to Pay for Biodegradable Containers for Plants.” Accepted by Acta Horticulturae.
- Rihn, A., C. Yue, B., Behe, and C. Hall. 2010. “Floral Gift Perceived Practicality, Fragrance and Longevity by Generation X and Y Consumers.” Accepted by Acta Horticulturae.
- Hall, C., B. Behe, B. Campbell, J. Dennis, R. Lopez and C. Yue.2010. “Market Segments of U.S. Floral Consumers Based on Attitudes towards Biodegradable Packaging.” Accepted by Acta Horticulturae.
- Iezzoni, A., Weebadde, C., Luby, J., Yue, C., van de Weg, E., Fazio, G., Main, D., Peace, C.P., Bassil, N.V. and McFerson, J. 2010. RosBREED: Enabling Marker-Assisted Breeding in Rosaceae. Acta Horticulturae 859:389-394.
- Dennis, J., R. Lopez, B. Behe, C. Hall, C. Yue, B. Campbell. 2010. “Sustainable Production Practices Adopted by Greenhouse and Nursery Plant Growers.” HortScience 45(8):1232–1237.
- Yue, C., and C. Hall. 2010. “Traditional or Specialty Cut Flowers? Estimating U.S. Consumers’ Choice of Cut Flower Varieties at Non-calendar Occasions.” HortScience 45(3): 382-386.
- Hall, C., B. Campbell, B. Behe, C. Yue, R. Lopez, and J. Dennis. 2010. “The Appeal of Biodegradable Packaging to Floral Consumers.” HortScience 45(4): 583-591.
- Yue, C., C. Grebitus, M. Bruhn and H. H. Jensen. 2010. Marketing Organic and Conventional Potatoes in Germany. Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing 22: 164-178.
- Yue, C. and B. Behe. 2010. “Consumers’ Preference for Cut-flower Color on Calendar and Non-calendar Occasions.” HortScience 45(1):78-82.
- Yue, C. and J. Beghin. 2009. “The Tariff Equivalent and Forgone Trade Effects of Prohibitive Technical Barriers to Trade.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 91(4): 930-941.
- Liu, L. and C. Yue. 2009. “Non-tariff Barriers to Trade Caused by SPS and Customs Procedures with Product Quality Changes.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 34(1):196-212.
- Yue, C., F. Alfnes and H. H. Jensen. 2009. “Discounting Spotted Apples: Investigating Consumers’ Willingness to Accept Cosmetic Damage in an Organic Product.” Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 14(1):29-46.
- Yue, C. and C. Tong. 2009. “Organic or Local? Investigating Consumer Preference for Fresh Produce Using a Choice Experiment with Real Economic Incentives.” HortScience 44(2): 366-371.
- Yue, C. and B. Behe. 2009. “Factors Affecting U.S. Consumer Patronage of Garden Centers and Mass-Merchandisers” Acta Horticulturae 831: 301-308.
- Behe, B., B., Harte, and C. Yue. 2008. “Online Gardening Search Activities and Purchases.” Journal of Environmental Horticulture 26(4):210–216.