Join us for our virtual wine tasting seminar hosted by Drew Horton, UMN Enology Specialist! The three wines we will be tasting are all made right here in Minnesota with Minnesota grapes.
All three wines can be found at Total Wine. You may also find them at your local wine shop as well. Notice the vintage date on the La Crescent (2019) and the Marquette (2017). If you can only find an alternate vintage that is fine, but the discussion is planned around these specific vintages.
Make sure the La Crescent and the "You Betcha Blush" are chilled, put them in the fridge the night before or a few hours before the seminar.
- Chankaska Creek Ranch & Winery 2019 MN La Crescent, $14.99
- Carlos Creek Winery "You Betcha Blush" MN rose blend, non-vintage, $16.49
- Saint Croix Vineyards 2017 MN Marquette, $20.99
Each participant will also need:
- Wine glasses - Three of the same glass is best
- Access to a "wine aroma wheel", there are versions online and as well as this one to purchase.
- A corkscrew
- Some plain water for clearing the palate between wines, and (optional) plain "water" crackers for same purpose
- A white napkin or white piece of paper to hold the wine glass over in order to more clearly see wine color
- (Optional) A pen and paper or some other way to take tasting notes
- (Optional) an opaque "spit-cup" or spit bucket - This is for those who would like to taste without consuming.
This is a part of our weekly Wednesday Seminar Series. Seminars are free and open to the public, please add our department's Google calendar for more events and information.
Drew Horton, University of Minnesota