The Department of Horticultural Science is proud to open nominations for our inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award. This award will honor an alumnus/alumna who has attained professional distinction in horticultural science as evidenced by outstanding professional achievement on a state, national or international level. Nominees will be chosen based on their demonstrated distinction in their professional lives, recognition as an authority within the field of horticultural science, and exceptional service to or volunteer activities in her/his field. The recipient of the award is asked to attend the Kermit Olson Memorial Lecture on April 13, 2016. Their visit will entail participating in discussions with undergraduate students on career development, speaking to class(es), and attending the Kermit Olson Lecture.
- Candidates must have received at least one of the following degrees from the Department of Horticultural Science:
- Baccalaureate degree with a major in Horticulture, Environmental Horticulture, Animal & Plant Systems, Science in Agriculture, Food Systems, or Plant Science
- Master of Agriculture
- Master of Professional Studies in Horticulture
- Graduate degree advised by a faculty member of Horticultural Science.
- Nominees may be a group of alumni who collaboratively and individually meet the distinguished alumni award criteria.
- Current staff or faculty in the Department of Horticultural Science or sitting Regents, are not eligible for this award.
Anyone may nominate an individual for this award, and individuals are welcome to self-nominate. Nominate an individual online. Nominations are due by midnight on January 6, 2016. Contact Echo Martin (email@example.com) with any questions.