- What does organic and sustainable horticultural food production mean?
- What is the role of organics in food security and does it have the potential to feed the world?
- How does food choice and consumer behavior impact natural resources and the environment?
- What are the potential benefits, limitations, misconceptions and ethics of biotechnology in organic and sustainable food systems?
- How do GMOs and pesticide use fit into these production systems?
- What are current organic and urban agriculture endeavors in the Twin Cities?
Discuss the answers to these questions and more when you sign up to take HORT 2031 this fall with Mary Rogers. The class is held Tuesdays and Thursdays 4-5:15 p.m. on East Bank and fulfills the Lib Ed requirement of Environment.